Saturday, September 03, 2005

Green Chili Soup



Also known as green sludge. (I know, that's an awful picture.) Low-fat sludge, as it happens. This recipe is from one of WeightWatchers cookbooks - can't remember which one, as I was just leafing through it at a friend's house and decided to copy this recipe down. It has 0 points (I'm not even going to go into how much I dislike the WW points system - that's a post all of its own) and about 60 calories per serving. If you're counting.

However, this soup is actually worth making even if you're NOT counting. It's really tasty - a lot better than I expected when I made it. It's also a lot hotter than I thought it would be. Note to self - maybe decrease the amount of chili. Or not. It was good this way, just hot. The original recipe used.. oh, some kind of cabbage too, but I couldn't find that in my grocery store so I just omitted it. Can't imagine it'd have made things a lot better.

Green Chili Soup
4 small servings

1-2 green chilis, finely diced
150 g green beans
150 g broccoli (I used a bit more)
1 green bellpepper
1 yellow onion
2 cloves of garlic
800 ml vegetable stock

This is very straightforward. Dice everything, and boil the vegetables in the stock until they're soft. Transfer to a blender, or use an immersion blender, and process until as smooth as you want it. Season with salt, pepper and a little bit of honey.

2 comments:

Cat said...

sounds spicey and perfect for purifying the body, i'll have to try this one. mmm spicey!

Elin said...

good picture!