Sunday, August 21, 2005

Wedding presents #1 - mugs

As many of you know, we got married on July 9. It was a wonderful day, and of course, the unwrapping of the gifts was a lot of fun. I can't believe how many great things we got - I'm in awe. And I thought I'd present some of the kitchen-related ones here. And so we start with.. mugs. We got quite a few mugs.

First out are the gorgeous and very special cat coffee cups from my brother and his fiancé. Handmade and totally unique - I love them!



Then we have more cat mugs, but these are more of tea cups. Big ones!



Finally, from my sister and her family, hand-made ceramic mugs from Drejeriet. Aren't they wonderful? I love the finish. Again, these are really big, it doesn't show in the picture though.

8 comments:

Nupur said...

The cat coffee cups are too adorable :) Love those stubby noses and little paws!

Anonymous said...

I actually got myself a good cat mug a while back. The picture is horrid, but here it is.

Jocelyn:McAuliflower said...

those are totally cute feet on your mugs!

Joe said...

The cat coffee cups rock!

Gaia said...

Hi Anne,
i still have to congrats for your Wedding! i'm so sorry for this terrible delay!
Hope you had great great time!
gaia

Anonymous said...

Those paws and tail handles are so cute! And congrats on the wedding. :)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE those mugs! Any idea if it's possible to order any like the white kitty mugs on top? My only cat mug came from a garage sale, and it's cracked in a few spots.

Anne said...

Anna, I'm sorry - I don't think they'll be very easy to come by. My brother found them in a small café in Stockholm, and contacted the artist and asked him to make more.

I love them all the more because they're so special! :)