Saturday, July 23, 2005

Herbed Potato Salad



Just a very quick post to share my potato salad recipe. I made this for the wedding, too, and it was really popular! Most potato salads that you buy ready made are so-so - I won't eat them at all, generally, due to the high fat halt and the in general yucky texture. But this one was a lot nicer. I'm still not a huge fan, but Per adored it and wants me to make it all the time now.

It's very easy. You need:
new potatoes, boiled and halved (if you're fussy, peel them - but I didn't.)
creamy yogurt (greek or turkish, fat content about 10%)
mayo
yellow onion, sliced into half-moons
capers
flat leaf parsley
coriander
mint
basil
salt
black pepper

I put all the herbs in the food processor - I was making massive amounts of this, and if you're just making a little, coarsely chop by hand instead. As for amounts, I used mostly parsley, then coriander, not so much mint, and just a little bit of basil. Adjust to your own likings.

Mix a large dollop of yogurt with a small dollop of mayo. Add salt, pepper, capers, onions and all the herbs. Toss with the still warm potatoes. And that's that. Easy, isn't it?

2 comments:

eat stuff said...

yum ! I agree, I hate ready made potato salad too

Cissi said...

Jaha det här lät ju magert och gott ju - måste jag nog försöka testa till veckan. Måste förresten göra något åt alla mina hemodlade kryddväxter - de växer som ogräs just nu...