Saturday, June 18, 2005

Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies!



I saw these quite a while ago on Debbie's blog, but I didn't really think about them until a few nights ago. I wanted to make something to take with me on a small field trip I was making together with some of our members of parliament to a cat shelter, to encourage the girls who work there. I was already bringing treats and toys for the cats, but I figured that the staff could use a little cheering up too. So, cookies.. I wanted something I could easily prepare that night, and just slice and bake the morning of the visit. These turned out to be perfect. I made the dough, shaped it into a roll, and chilled overnight.

I got about 40 cookies out of this, but I think mine were a bit smaller than Debbie's. I baked mine for 9 minutes, and they came out just right. She has the recipe with US measurements, but I'll post it here for anyone who wants metric equivalents.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
40 medium cookies

3,75 dl flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
110 g cold butter, cut into 1 cm dice
1,25 dl sugar
1,6 dl brown sugar
1 1/2 tbs vanilla extract
1 large egg
200 g dark chocolate, chopped

Mix flour and baking soda. With a free standing mixer with the paddle attachment, or with a handheld beater, mix the butter with the two sugars on low speed. When it's smooth, add the egg and the vanilla. Mix until just combined. Add the flour and baking soda, mix until just combined. Add the chocolate. Shape dough into rolls and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.



When it's time to bake, preheat the oven to 175 degrees C. Slice the cookies and place on a baking sheet (I always use teflon baking mats, if you don't, use parchment paper.) Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a rack. (But make sure to have one straight out of the oven - heaven.)

4 comments:

Ilva said...

Hi1
I just wanted to tell you that I just found your blog and that it looks soo interesting, I will come back and really take a closer look as soon as I manage get find some peace and quiet! I've put it on my bookmark list.
Ilva http://www.agliolio.blogspot.com/

Cissi said...

Hej Anne!

Längesedan vi hördes av. Ramlade på din blogg för ett tag sedan i mitt ivriga bloggläsande. Verkar verkligen både smaskigt och inspirerande. Jag vet ju dessutom att du verkligen kan fixa till gudomliga smakligheter! Har nu efter mycket vånda bestämt mig för att själv göra ett skrivförsök med egen blogg.

Hoppas att allt är bra med dig och Per (tjuvläste att det är bröllop på gång... :-) Kram Cissi i Karlstad

debbie koenig said...

Hi Anne! I'm so glad you liked my cookies. I haven't made them in ages, and now you've got me craving them again...

Farmgirl Susan said...

In my opinion, there is always room in the kitchen for another chocolate chip cookie recipe, and this one is definitely moving into mine. Can't wait to try them!