Monday, September 27, 2021

Shrimp Nachos





Every Friday is Taco-Friday in Sweden. I know, weird,  right? (Read more about that crazy phenomenon in this interview I gave many years ago, here!)

Well, we don’t eat tacos, or versions thereof, EVERY week but it’s a regular occurrence for sure. And I’m always interested to hear about new fun ideas. My husband found a photo of pretty unorthodox shrimp tacos on Instagram, and I decided to make a version at home. 

This is the kind of recipe that’s not really a recipe, just an assembling instruction. Here is what we used: 

-nachos
-cooked shrimp 
-finely chopped red onion
-smetana (or creme fraiche)
-lemon zest
-avocado
-salad (we used mache salad)
-red fish roe 
-browned butter (do NOT skip this, it totally made the dish!) 

I like to just put everything out in bowls and let everyone make their own plate. Fun and delicious! 

No comments: