Saturday, January 21, 2017

Thai-style pork in crock-pot and sriracha cole slaw

Untitled


Seriously so easy and tasty. I got the idea from my new lovely book - I didn't know my slowcooked could do that - and decided to make it the other day. I had coriander roots in the fridge so I added a few and they really seemed to add to the wonderful flavor. Highly recommended. The whole dish was a little too salty though, so you might want to cut down on the soy. In my case, I believe it was the pork that was the culprit. I used "fläskytterfile" rather than pork tenderloin. 

Thai-style pork 
800 g pork tenderloin (or fläskytterfilé, but look for one that's not so salty)
60 ml fresh lime juice (about four limes)
60 ml japanese soy sauce (light) 
2 tbsp honey
4 garlic cloves, minced
thumb-sized piece of ginger, minced
3 coriander roots. 

Mix all the ingredients for the sauce. Place the pork in your crockpot and pour the sauce on top. Place the coriander roots on top.  Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until tender. Remove the pork and shred it using two forks. Add some of the sauce back to moisten, and season to taste. 

Serve in flour tortillas with pickled red onion, crumbled feta cheese, extra coriander if you have it, and a lovely sriracha slaw made from white cabbage, carrots, lots of coriander and mayo with sriracha and garlic and a splash of vinegar. Easy and super tasty. 


No comments: