Friday, January 29, 2016

Thick and chewy Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Untitled

I barely even have the energy to bake these days, but some times I try to make an effort. A minimal one, though. And always something that can be prepared once, eaten later - I love cookie recipes that allow me to freeze ready-scooped dough, to have my own bake-off cookies at hand when the cravings for something sweet strike. (And most cookie recipes work well for that, actually.) These yummy delights from Smitten Kitchen are among the easiest, ever. I think it took me about ten minutes of actual work. At the most. Highly recommended.

For the original post, please go here. She makes lots of suggestions for mix-ins, and talks about how she came across this recipe - me, I just made it. I used not a whole lot of raisins and instead, a lot of chocolate. That's the way I like it.

Thick and chewy Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
about 24 (at least, it all depends on your size...)

115 g butter, slightly softened
125 g brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla powder (original uses extract)
95 g all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
120 g rolled oats
60 g raisins
100 g dark chocolate, chopped

Cream the butter and sugar until well combined and slightly fluffy - about three minutes. Scrape down the sides, and add the egg and the vanilla. Combine and beat for a minute or two. Stir together all the dry ingredients, I included the mix-ins right away, and then add to the butter mixture. Mix until well combined. Scoop - I use a 1-tbsp cookie scoop - on  to a lined baking sheet, or on to a plastic-lined cutting board that you promptly freeze. When you want to bake these, do so at 175°C for 10-12 minutes.




No comments: