Friday, January 17, 2014

Late round-up from my New York trip

Untitled

How is it possible I haven't told you about all of this already? My trip was in November! However, when I got home, the holidays happened.. and it's been pretty intense. So better late than never, I suppose! Here's a quick round-up of all the foodie things me and Lena were up to this time.

Untitled
 Before leaving, I had breakfast at Starbucks. Nothing says vacation like a Peppermint Mocha latte!

Untitled
Quick but very fulfilling dinner at Chipotle Mexican Grill.

Untitled
Blueberry Pancakes at Applebee's. Not the best we'd ever had, but perfectly good and a great breakfast before a full day of shopping. (Steer clear of the coffee though - horrible!)

Untitled
So to get some caffeine that was actually drinkable... a frappuccino was in order.

Untitled
Lunch at the outlets - a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich.

Untitled
And on the bus home, we smuggled in some mini Cinnabon buns. Oh, these were amazing.

Untitled
Awesome barbecue at Hill Country Barbecue.

Untitled
Incredibly tasty. We had beef ribs, turkey and.. shoulder, I think. Mac & Cheese ,an amazing corn pudding, and a really super cucumber salad. And lemonade, of course.

Untitled
Breakfast at Doughnut Plant! Crème Brûlée doughnut is the best, but all of them are good. I had a peanut butter/banana cream, too. The coffee, sadly, sucked.

Untitled
Shopping lunch at Rosa Mexicano! Next time, I think we'll just order a massive bowl of guacamole. Yum.

Untitled
The Shake Shack! In November! Cold, you guys!

Untitled
But that didn't deter us, we had peanut butter milkshakes and cheese fries.

Untitled
Cold. Very cold.

Untitled
Another breakfast, at Bouchon Bakery.

Untitled
And for lunch, burgers at Burger Joint at Le Parker Meredien. A well-kept secret.. unless you know about it.

Untitled
Fab burgers, And Oreo milkshakes!

Untitled
And great atmosphere.

Untitled
Our hotel was in Koreatown, so we were just down the street from Mandoo bar where we had dumplings...

Untitled
and Chapchae, yummy noodles.

Untitled
Starbucks at Macy's, for our last breakfast.

Untitled
Bought the most adorable Rudolph mug at Starbucks. Of course, I bought a gazillion other things, too...

3 comments:

Alexandra said...

What a fab trip! And my other half bought that very same mug, to add to the Christmas mug collection. I love it :-)

Fröken Dill said...

I´d love to go there again. Last time, a couple of years ago, I went with my sister and parents. Fine, but since my fahter is getting old, we could not do everything we wanted.I loved Rosa Mexicano - wonderful guacomoles and we visited a very simple chinese place in Chinatown, wich was memorable. Not too clean, impossible to guess what was in the food but most of it tasted delicious.

Toto Sugiarto said...

Wow, what a great city with a great food, make wanna go there :)