Thursday, December 19, 2013

Molasses Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies

oatmeal-whitechoc-cookies

I keep bookmarking blog posts, meaning to try out recipes. I keep forgetting, though. But this recipe, by Peabody, didn't have to sit around for very long. I loved the sound of a cookie with both oatmeal and molasses. Well, I didn't exactly use molasses, though. I used a dark syrup, with some malt, and hey, that turned out great too.  I bet using golden syrup would make a completely different, but still delicious cookie.  I changed a few other things as well, so please head over to Peabody for the original recipe.

It's perfect for the holidays - and it can be frozen in cookie dough balls, so you can just bake up as many as you'd like. The best way to always have freshly baked cookies! I baked up a big batch this morning, to give to the boys pre-school teachers. I hope they like them!

(Molasses) Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies

300 g flour
250 ml rolled oats
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
165 g butter, at room temperature
150 g brown sugar
125 ml molasses/dark syrup
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
250 ml white chocolate chips

Combine flour, oats, ginger, cinnamon, soda and salt in a bowl.

Cream the butter and brown sugar until very soft. Add the molasses, and then the egg and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients, and at last, the white chocolate chips.

Scoop out balls, and place in the fridge for a few hours to make them a bit firmer. I freeze mine at this stage. Bake at 175°C for about 10 minutes.

No comments: