Monday, October 21, 2013

About coffee

Untitled

Coffee, Elixir of life. At least for this tired mama. I'm not a huge drinker, but I do want at least two cups a day - one in the morning, and one in the afternoon. And one mid-morning, if I'm at work. However, I really prefer my coffee to be quite good, and I'm pretty particular. At home, I mostly use a Moccamaster, which brews really well. We also have a small Nespresso Pixie, which is great in its own way - good for a quick cup, especially if just one of us wants coffee. (It's also the very best way to make an iced latte - one shot of epresso over lots of ice, cold milk and a little vanilla syrup.)

At work, we have horrid coffee - big machines by Selecta. The coffee is truly bad. So I'm pretty happy that I got to borrow a Dolce Gusto Minime, by Delonghi. It's tiny, and fits on a corner of my desk. It also makes really good coffee - great to approximate regular brewed coffee. I'm less fond of the espresso or tea varieties, and I really dislike all the milk-based drinks (since they're made with milk powder), but the regular coffee = great.

This is an honest review actually - sure, I'm happy to have been able to try out the machine, but I'll honestly say that I'd love to buy one for the office. It works perfectly. I like this small machine better than the larger Dolce Gustos I've tried before though, although the results are pretty much identical. The  only things I don't like are:
- the very small water tank (but with a small compact size, well I guess that's what you get..)
- it's pretty loud
- it also vibrates quite a bit, and if I've used paper mugs, they've even fallen off


1 comment:

JulesTheNorweegie said...

I do like my coffee too, so much that I am trying to cut down, either all or nothing seems to be the easiest way - so addictive!
We have a Selecta machine in work as well, and the coffee is terrible (Crappuccinos, mockaccinos...) I always get one, and as soon as I have a sip, I regret it - not a good sign, hehe!

I have a Dolce Gusto, but one of the larger kinds, it makes good coffees all right! I agree with the noice and vibrating though, hol on to your cup, unless it's a solid piece of ceramic you've got! I like the looks of the small version as well, neat!

Thankfully, we also have a small Costa coffee stand in work, so crappuccinos are only for when it's close to pay day :P

Hope you've had a good start to your week, you must be due your second cup soon :P x