Sunday, August 04, 2013

Cheesecake Brownies

cheesecake brownies

I have no idea why it took me so long to try something like this. No idea at all. What finally pushed me to try was an up-coming fourth of july potluck party, and I wanted a simple and portable dessert to bring with me. It needed to feel American, and... not be too healthy. So this was pretty perfect.

I used Smitten Kitchen's recipe, and only deviated slightly from it.

Cheesecake Brownies
makes 16

Brownie base:
120 g butter
200 g sugar
90 g dark chocolate
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
100 g flour

Cheesecake topping:
240 g cream cheese
1 egg yolk
80 g sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
handful chocolate chips

Start with the brownie part - melt together butter and chocolate. I always do this in the microwave, but feel free to use a double boiler if you want to. Stir in the sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and finally the flour. Pour into a prepared 20*20 cm pan. (8 inches!) By prepared, I mean I use non-stick foil to line it. Butter and flour works, too.

Stir together all the ingredients for the cheesecake topping, and dollop on top of the brownie. Use a stick, or a knife, to swirl the two components together for a marble effect.

Bake at 175°C for 30-35 minutes. It should just feel set, and a tester should come out fairly clean.

Chill before slicing. Or just eat it right away. I won't judge.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, looks do delicious!!

Check out my blog, I'm a new blogger for Peepers.
Nanna Freving // www.nannafreving.com

Linda said...

Looks wonderful! Thank you for sharing.