Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball



Everyone laughed when I said I'd make a cheese ball. Everyone looked sceptical at the big monster of a cheese ball, when I brought it out. But when they tried it, everyone just oohed and aahed. It's delicious, guys!

So, this was a  Fourth of July recipe, from Homesick Texan! (I pretty much stuck with it, but didn't measure too closely, and I used a Swedish cheese. And I couldn't find actual jalapeños - just generic "green peppers", but hey. 

I enjoyed the leftovers on nachos the next day. The pecans were soft by then, but it was still great. I'll be making cheese balls again. A lot. 

Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball
240 g cream cheese, at room temperature
60 g grated cheese, I used Västerbotten (but I bet a sharp cheddar would be good)
good handful chopped cilantro
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 lime, juiced
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 jalapeños (or green peppers), seeded and very finely diced, divided
120 g bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled and divided
60 g toasted pecans, finely chopped

Set aside half the jalapeños, half the bacon and the pecans. Mix them in a shallow bowl.

Mix everything else until smooth. Shape into a ball, and roll into the mixture that you previously set aside. Chill. Serve. 

1 comment:

The Douglases said...

Yum! I've never used bacon in a cheese ball but this looks delicious!