Thursday, November 10, 2011

Chicken & Mushroom Tortellini

tortellini-kyckling

I'm completely beat after having attended Stockholm's annual food fair, which I'll tell you about tomorrow! Here's a quick weeknight dinner, perfect for when you don't have a lot of time to cook. You need fresh tortellini - or any fresh pasta really - which I imagine you'd find in most supermarkets. The recipe originates from the Swedish superstar chef Mathias Dahlgren, who has pancetta in his version, and bakes the chicken in the oven, but I found this plenty salty and savory just the way it was.

Chicken & Mushroom Tortellini
serves 3

2 chicken breasts
8 sage leaves (fresh)
100 g mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp butter
1 garlic clove, minced
250 g fresh tortellini
salt, peppar
butter for frying
parmesan, to serve

Cut a few deep scores in the chicken breast, and add the sage leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Brown in butter, and pan-fry on medium heat until just cooked through.

Fry the mushrooms in butter.

Melt the two tablespoons of butter, and add the garlic. Don't let it brown, but cook on low-medium heat for a minute.

Cook the tortellini according to package instructions, and toss with the garlic butter. Add the mushrooms. Slice the chicken, and add that, too.

Serve with plenty of parmesan.

Recipe in Swedish:
Tortellini med kyckling och svamp

2 comments:

Mack Shepperson said...

Two of my favorites combined together! This is absolutely delicious! I bet I'll drool while cooking this dish! LOL! And it's easy too!

Anonymous said...

Could I use a different past if i don't have tortellini