Friday, October 07, 2011

Chocolate Ganache Cake

chocolateganachecake

This cake makes me drool a little, just remembering it. It was really awesome. I served it at our annual Crawfish party - after the salty and very lean crawfish, a hefty chocolate dessert is just what you need. It's easy to prepare in advance, and thus perfect for a party.

Based on a recipe from Malin Landqvists "Svenska Kakor och Desserter" I just exchanged raspberry cordial for the suggested raspberry liqueur, to make it more kid-friendly.

Chocolate Ganache Cake
serves 12

Cake:
400 g almond paste (I had an extra-yummy version with 60% almonds)
1 tbsp cocoa powder
100 g dark chocolate
1 egg
2 egg whites

Chocolate Ganache:
300 g milk chocolate
200 g dark chocolate
300 ml cream (full fat - 36-40%)
50 ml concentrated raspberry cordial

To decorate and serve:
Fresh raspberries
whipped cream

Start by mixing almond paste, cocoa powder and chocolate in a food processor, until finely chopped. Add the egg and the egg whites, and run until smooth.

Press into a lined 24-cm springform tin. (When I say lined, I mean put a round of baking paper or ideally teflon on the bottom.)

Bake at 175°C for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Remove from the tin, clean the tin, and then put the cake back.

Chop all the chocolate for the ganache. Bring the cream to a boil, and stir in the chocolate. Keep stirring until completely smooth, then add the raspberry cordial. Pour into the tin, on top of the cake. Place in the fridge over night.

Decorate with fresh raspberries right before serving, and serve with whipped cream.

Recipe in Swedish:
Maffig Chokladtryffeltårta

4 comments:

Mat på Bordet said...

Oh my gosh, that looks like one yummy cake!
And I totally agree, after a relatively lean dinner, nothing tastes better than a decadent chocolate cake :)

Sara said...

Hi Anne - Thanks for recommending using Teflon® non-stick while making your Chocolate Ganache Cake. I represent DuPont and it's always a pleasure to see people recommending our products in their recipes.

If you are interested in some other recipes or great cookbooks to look at for your blog, I would be glad to help you out! Thanks. Cheers, Sara

Anne said...

Sara, how interesting! I often use Teflon baking sheets, and when they're more or less used up, I cut up the olds ones to fit my cake pans. Very handy.

Pille said...

Looks gorgeous, Anne!! Love the pretty raspberries on that glossy chocolate!