Thursday, September 01, 2011

Baked Sweet Potato Wedges

bakedsweetpotatowedges

As much as I love oven roasted potatoes and carrots, which we eat often, I always like to discover new favorites as well. And these sweet potato wedges are excellent - both as a side dish with any kind of meat or chicken, but also as part of a finger-food spread. I like to eat them with a spicy, garlicky aioli, and my toddler loved them. Bonus: They cook much faster than regular potatoes!

Baked Sweet Potato Wedges
serves 4

1 kilo sweet potatoes (ideally small-to-medium ones)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp ancho chili pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into wedges. Toss with oil, sugar and spices, in a roasting pan.

Bake at 225°C for 20 minutes - they should be completely soft and cooked through, but a little crispy on the edges. Serve with some pressed lime and fresh coriander.

Recipe in Swedish:
Bakade Sötpotatisklyftor

7 comments:

Katarina said...

Sounds delicious!

Fröken Dill said...

Sweet potato and goat cheeze, chevre, is a match made in heaven....
Wonderful photo, can almost feel the crispyness of the wedges!

kate wiseman said...

My mom makes these all the time with an extra-spicy kick, and I love them! In my group of friends in Sweden, however, people are pretty split on sweet potatoes--some really like them, some think they're too sweet. What's your experience with that? Safe to make for a dinner party or not?

Anne said...

Fröken Dill - sounds awesome. I've made a sweet potato gratin before, I bet chèvre would be great in that.

Kate - I might not serve it as the only option, but as part of a larger spread, definitely!

asukafir said...

I tried it with potato & squash. Both good. Thank you.

StillTraveller said...

I've got a sweet potato that I've been mulling over for a few days now, this is just the recipe I need!

Liam said...

We often have sweet potato wedges coated with crushed ginger and baked in the oven with some butter. V good. ~Liam