Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday bookmarks, March 16

Oh, I really have so much food to talk about, but I don't want to miss out on Wednesday bookmarks, so let me share just a few of what I've bookmarked in the past few weeks. (All of my bookmarks are here.)

First, an Orange Vanilla Cinnamon Poundcake. I'm no huge fan of pound cakes, but the flavoring here sounds divine. Speaking of cinnamon, there's also this Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread that's much like a giant cinnamon bun. Mmm.

While I recover from the sugar coma, how about trying some Parmesan-Roasted Potatoes? I often do roast potatoes but have never thought to add cheese - how strange of me! I also don't think I've thought to combine blue cheese and tomatoes in a pasta sauce, but the Amsteur Gourmet did just that and it looks great.

I'm a bit scared of very-long-cooking, something about leaving the oven on (even on low) when you're out all day... well. Annika from Swedish blog Smaskens does it all the time though, and her veal in beer, onions and thyme might be just the thing to push me to try.

No comments: