Monday, September 20, 2010

Seared shrimp with garlic-almond sauce

garlic-almond-shrimp

Ah, today I won't be sharing a recipe! However, I'll share a photo, and I wish I could share the taste with you as well, because this was a highly successful little appetizer! So, why no recipe? Well, this was a taste-test from a soon-to-be-released cookbook, a little event called "Dancing in the Kitchen with Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef".

I was sent a few recipes, but as I have a hard time finding specialty items like sweet rice flour and xantham gum, I stuck with this simple dish that only had a few ingredients: shrimp, salt, pepper, garlic, almonds and olive oil. Yes, really, that's it!

The book will be called "Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef: A Love Story with 100 Tempting Recipes" and I have no doubt it will be fabulous. I love Shauna's blog, and have read it for many years - I don't eat gluten-free but I love her food nonetheless. And I always recommend it to people who *are* diagnosed with celiac disease. I love her writing, too, and especially what she writes about parenthood - I can very much relate to her love for little Lu, and I've often found myself smiling at her posts, and sighing over her gorgeous photos. So, I wish her - and the chef - all the best with the cookbook. I'm sure it will be wonderful!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the simplicity of this. And what you wrote.

thank you!

Olivia said...

That looks very yummy. I´m a sucker for the combo of shrimps and garlic so I know I would love this little appetizer. Pretty picture by the way!

/Olivia

Chelsea said...

Oooh, how interesting to combine garlic and almond. I'll have to make something up!