Monday, August 31, 2009

Smokey Chicken Stroganoff

ramsay-chickenstroganoff

I watched a lot of Gordon Ramsay's The F-Word earlier this summer. I rather enjoy it - it's a pretty fun show, and although the cooking isn't really in focus, some of the food looks really good. This recipe caught my eye, and although I've changed a few things from the original (which can be found here) it came out delicious. Next time, I'll use crème fraîche rather than sour cream, since I don't really like the graininess the sour cream gets when it's heated.

You can serve this with pasta, bulgur or rice (or anything else you can think of - Ramsay served it with spätzle).

Smokey Chicken Stroganoff
(printable recipe)
serves 2-3

450 g boneless chicken (thighs or breast)
2 tsp smoked paprika (we use the hot kind)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 green pepper, sliced
100 g button mushrooms, sliced
100 ml water
50 ml white wine
50 ml sour cream
75 g sugar snap peas

Start by blanching the sugar snap peas - place them in boiling water for a few minutes, and drain.

Cut the chicken into smaller pieces. Season with smoked paprika and fry in the olive oil for a few minutes. Add the pepper and mushrooms and fry those as well. Add the white wine and water, and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through and the liquid has reduced a bit. (Add more water if it looks dry.) Stir in the sour cream and the peas, and serve.

Recipe in Swedish:
Rökig Kycklingstroganoff

4 comments:

Angelica said...

Take the food off the heat and stir in the sour cream, or bring to room temp before adding to the dish. Adding flour and mixing with a hand blende will keep yoghurt from curdling, this might also be true for sour cream....

Good luck!

Pity said...

this dish looks delicious, i am getting hungry!

cheers from london,

pity

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne,
I just started reading your blog and I just want to say thank you, I love your recipes and this is definately my all time favourite blog:)

Love, Emma

John said...

I haven't had stroganoff in a long time. Gonna try this one soon!