Sunday, August 09, 2009

Fast Food At Home: Pad Thai

homemade-padthai

Our favorite thing to order from our local Thai place is Chicken Pad Thai. They make it so well, and it really is delicious. Sadly, it's also pretty pricey. (We pay 110 SEK per portion, which is about $15.) When shopping at one of the Asian stores in the city, my eye fell on a jar of Pad Thai Sauce, and I brought it home. It sat undisturbed in my cupboard for several months - I'm really not adventurous and quite wary - especially of canned things. Finally though, I tried it. And it was great! We'll most definitely be making our own Pad Thai again - it's even faster than driving to the take out place. I actually tried making my own sauce too, but more on that for another day.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

What brand is it? I make my own sauce but it never seems to live up to pad thai-restaurant style.

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to ask the same ... and now, i'm hungry ;)

Anne said...

Oh, great question.. I have only found it once and didn't think to write it down. Ill try to find it again though! Sorry!

Jennie said...

I am now craving Pad Thai! Looks delicious!