Monday, July 20, 2009

Blue Cheese Bacon Burger

bluecheese-baconburger

Here's a nice burger we ate the other night. It has a blue cheese sauce on it, which was a pretty good idea. Normally, I would just crumble on blue cheese for this combo, but this makes it milder and creamier, and it was excellent with the crispy bacon. (The burgers by the way are made by Scan, and sold as "bistro burgers" in the frozen section of the grocery store. It's the first mass-market burger that I really like, so we always keep these at hand for quick meals.)

The recipe came from Bobby Flay's new book, "Burgers, Fries & Shakes", but I don't think I'll repeat this particular recipe again - I'll probably improvise, next time. It needs a little bit tweaking.

The book is nice if you're into burgers - the burgers are basic (Flay tells you to not add anything at all to the meat, just to shape it and season the outside for maximum juiciness) but the toppings and additions are quite exciting. The section that made me put this away quickly was the chapter on shakes, though. Every single one sounded absolutely irrisisible, but considering they seem to contain at least the daily calorie requirement - I'll pass.

1 comment:

Gourtmet Mama said...

I love burgers! These burgers are really tempting. I enjoy Bobby Flay's recipes myself. Probably I'll have this on my menu next week. Thanks for sharing this!