Saturday, May 02, 2009

Egg Bacon Salad Sandwiches

eggbaconsalad

Baby's due date is getting nearer, and I'm getting increasingly tired which probably isn't a big surprise to anyone. Hence the lack of posts, and recipes. I wish I'd say that'll change soon, but the truth is it's probably going to get a lot worse before it gets better! I don't plan on stopping blogging altogether, but to be realistic I most likely won't be posting every day anymore, for a while. Just so that you know. I'll try to post quite a bit though, and I'll definitely give Twitter updates, too!

Now, tired means not a lot of cooking, so I've been exploring fast, simple ways to have dinner. This was to satisfy a major craving for eggs and mayo that came upon me a while ago, and some crumbled leftover bacon went perfectly with it.

Egg Bacon Salad Sandwiches
(printable recipe)
Enough for two sandwiches

2 eggs, hard-boiled
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1/2-1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp finely chopped red onion or shallots
3 slices of crispy fried bacon
salt, black pepper

Finely chop the eggs, and mix with mayo and mustard. Add the finely chopped onions and crumble in the bacon. Season with black pepper and some salt. Divide on two slices of excellent bread.

And eat. I had a bowl of apple wedges with mine.

Recipe in Swedish:
Äggsallad med bacon

6 comments:

Giorgos Varvakis said...

Delicious salad, but apple for me pls :)

Marjoke said...

Enjoy this phase and when the baby's born; take your time. Blogger is patient.

Unknown said...

I will miss you!!
But as Marjoke said, enjoy your new baby and congratulations!

Spiritman said...

It looks very fine! I become hungry;-)

Viktoria Schiöler said...

Don´t you worry, we will read your blog anyway.

Kendall said...

anne, best of luck with the new baby - i'm looking forward to the blogs in about 9 months time - pumpkin, brocoli and cheese sauce puree was a big favourite with my son.