Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cake

kudde-tarta-0904

I have to show you my latest cake - another attempt at using sugarpaste, two full years after my last (and first) try. I made this at a cake class, with Maria at Jungbo - she's a really good cake baker, and occasionally offers classes. She also has a gorgeous little cabin that she rents out in the summers - I'll have her tell you more about that some time soon!

So - the cake consists of chocolate layers, coffee mousse and dumle ganache which I have tried before. It's then covered with a mixture of marzipan and sugar paste. And that's it! Really simple and really tasty. I enjoyed trying out the techniques for getting it to look "pillowy", and I probably never want to make the ropes again because that was no fun at all...

7 comments:

Minna said...

Haven't visited your blog before, but I will from now on :)Sounds like that cakerecipy was made for me :) Yummie! Looks really cute too

Unknown said...

Hello!
Check this blog out! It is a friend of mine and I sell her cupcake at my cafe
http://sweetthings-toronto.blogspot.com
She just started making cakes full time this year after being laid off from her corporate job.
Your pillow cake is adorable, Anne!

Anne said...

Anna, she's really good! :) Lovely!

onemorehandbag said...

Ooooh, how lovely! This cake truly looks gorgeous - well done!

Sandra drömkaka said...

Lovely :)

Katie said...

It looks so realistic. I feel like I want to snuggle into it - although hearing all the layers I think eating it would be a better idea - yum!

Jules Bianchi said...

WOW. that looks too pretty to eat.