Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gingerbread Waffles


I tried these right before christmas, and it was a pretty luxurious dinner! No need to re-post the recipe as I followed it exactly, but the waffles didn't turn out very crispy so next time I think I'll just add a large pinch of gingerbread spices to my usual waffle batter. (Which generally comes from a box. Yes. And I eat waffles about twice a year or so, so I *could* certainly make my own...)

I ate them with whipped cream, raspberries and maple syrup. Delicious!


Scott at Real Epicurean said...

Everyone seems to be cooking with ginger this January (your waffles look delicious by the way); perhaps people miss Christmas already!

Jessika said...

I cooked frasvåfflor from a recipe once, combining whipped cream with some flour and salt and then in a waffle makes... They were frasvåfflor alrighty but the wafflemaker didn't know what to do with all the milk fats. I will not paint a sorry picture, the waffles were great but since I go with a box too. Simple food for when you need to be quick. I buy a large box and then I make enough batter for 2 or 3. Or make pancake batter for 2 days. I am not into cooking too much at the moment

Anne said...

Scott - totally! :) Although, well, these were actually made before christmas, I just didn't get around to write about them.

Jessika - glad to know I'm not the only one to use the boxes :)

Dagmar - A Cat in the Kitchen said...

I use the boxes as well (!). But just a few weekends ago I made waffles from scratch with spelt flour. Really good!

nicole said...

Those look so yummy!