Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gingerbread Waffles

gingerbreadwaffles

I tried these right before christmas, and it was a pretty luxurious dinner! No need to re-post the recipe as I followed it exactly, but the waffles didn't turn out very crispy so next time I think I'll just add a large pinch of gingerbread spices to my usual waffle batter. (Which generally comes from a box. Yes. And I eat waffles about twice a year or so, so I *could* certainly make my own...)

I ate them with whipped cream, raspberries and maple syrup. Delicious!

5 comments:

Scott at Real Epicurean said...

Everyone seems to be cooking with ginger this January (your waffles look delicious by the way); perhaps people miss Christmas already!

Jessica said...

I cooked frasvåfflor from a recipe once, combining whipped cream with some flour and salt and then in a waffle makes... They were frasvåfflor alrighty but the wafflemaker didn't know what to do with all the milk fats. I will not paint a sorry picture, the waffles were great but since I go with a box too. Simple food for when you need to be quick. I buy a large box and then I make enough batter for 2 or 3. Or make pancake batter for 2 days. I am not into cooking too much at the moment

Anne said...

Scott - totally! :) Although, well, these were actually made before christmas, I just didn't get around to write about them.

Jessika - glad to know I'm not the only one to use the boxes :)

Dagmar said...

I use the boxes as well (!). But just a few weekends ago I made waffles from scratch with spelt flour. Really good!

Anonymous said...

Those look so yummy!