Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Orange-raspberry juice

God Morgon Nypressad Valencia apelsin med hallon

I normally don't drink juice very often, but we sometimes buy (or make our own, now that we have a juicer!) on weekend mornings. I got to try three new juices from Godmorgon, which is one of the most popular brands in Sweden. They pride themselves on having freshly squeezed juices, never from concentrate - but well, I assume they're still pasteurized. Anyway - the three new ones were orange, apple and orange-raspberry. The first two are special in that they use specific oranges and apples, from specific regions, and that will vary throughout the year. I liked the orange a lot, but the apple wasn't really my thing. The orange-raspberry though - yum!! It's very tart, but really lovely, and quite different. I'd definitely buy this again.

Let's say you could think up any combination of juice. What would you make? I'm thinking apple-lemon, pear-grapefruit, pineapple-ginger-lime...

9 comments:

Colours and Textures said...

I like pear and ginger.

Anonymous said...

Blackberry-pineapple! :)

Jeff in Canada

Anonymous said...

Apple-ginger or orange-mango!
Or why not pear with star-anises?
I will try this one as well, but I don't think they did a very good job on the outside. You really have to look close to see that it contains raspberrys!
/La mama

Anonymous said...

I'm a juice- and milkshake- addict! ^^ I made peach-grapefruit last summer, and it was really good! I used a particular kind of peach, that is my favourite, though I don't know what it's called in English. It's quite large, velvety, very sweet, and both peel and flesh are bright orange.

Now I think about it, anyone can suggest a nice mix with kiwis? I always have lots at home, but when I try them in my juices they always taste awful! Anything I add to make it tastier - sugar, mint syrup, milk, bananas... - makes only things worse!

Rebecca Kline said...

All the best juices are mixtures! I like mango-orange-pinapple. It reminds me of Hawaii. I also like white grape-peach-apple. Oddly enough carrot-apple is pretty good too (although it looks murky in the glass)

Jessica said...

The only juice I drink is pomegranate.

Anne said...

Valeria, how about pineapple with kiwi? And maybe add some lime, if it's too sweet?

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll try it next time I buy a pineapple!
I was thinking of Granny Smith apples too.. I bought a fitness drink flavoured green apple-kiwi and it was great, I love acidic fruits! Not so sure this mix would work with a homemade juice though, hmm...

Colours and Textures said...

I like strawberry,(or raspberry) banana,natural yogurt and milk as a milk shake.
Star anise sounds like a good idea.