Thursday, October 30, 2008

Craving See's


Nuts & Chews assortment, photo: See's

Rebecca in California commented that Roasted Raspberry & Chipotle Sauce was probably the one thing she'd ever introduce me to, food-wise. Oh, but she's wrong. That got me thinking, and two things popped immediately: her bacon wrapped aspargus, barbecued.. and mild sauce from Taco Bell. Yes, those free packets. I love those. She used to collect a great big bag for me for when I came to visit and I actually just recently run out even though it's been years since I visited.

Since then, I thought of a few more things she really got me hooked on. Let's see. Although not the first to try it with, she's definitely the one to feed my addiction to Kraft Mac & Cheese. (Thanks!) And she introduced me to Krispy Kreme. And to In'n'Out burger. And, I'm pretty sure it was also at her house I first experienced... See's Chocolate. Stupidly, I went onto their website, and now I have a terrible craving. Bad, bad, bad!

Edited - and HOW could I forgot the cinnamon buns at Sweet Jill's?? Those are most definitely Rebecca´s fault for introducing into my life. I can still wake up thinking about them. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne! You woke up my memories too :) I tasted See's in 2004. It was sooo incredibly delicious! I don't remember any chemical flavor in those candies. Thank you for their website, it worth to order something from them for special occasion!

Anonymous said...

Meeen.... Va du tvungen??, precis just nu när jag kikar in att ha just den bilden framme!! Nu måste jag gå till mitt chokladförråd igen... Tack!! ;-)

Lena said...

Mmm... See's chocolate, so good.

Unknown said...

I love See's! That picture is killing me. You can get it here in Texas at holiday time because they have kiosks in the mall selling those pre-wrapped boxes, but it's not the same as being able to walk into the store and get one polar bear paw, one peanut butter patty, two chocolate truffles.. sigh.

Julie said...

The gift shop where I work keeps a small selection of See's during the holidays...like I need an excuse to eat more chocolate!

Abby said...

Krispy Kreme! I live in North Carolina, in the town where KK started. YUM. (I've never understood how some people could actually choose Dunkin' Donuts over Krispy Kreme. Madness!)