Thursday, September 18, 2008
A few tips and cool things
I keep piling up info about new stuff that I mean to tell you about, but somehow I rarely get around to it. Ok, let's do a top five.
1. Spice Boy is a new spice grinder, that's the one in the photo. I think it's so cool - not only does it look nice, but it's really functional. You can grind all kinds of spices - not just pepper - and by filling it up with different things, you can get your very own spice mix. It's definitely on my wishlist - just have to decide on the color. (But I'm leaning towards red.)
2. Cod from a sustainable source is not very easy to find, but it's getting easier in Sweden since Coop's selling it under their own brand name "Änglamark". It's fished by Norwegian Domstein, and something that I find exceptionally cool is that there's a code on each packet telling you *exactly* where it was fished, and by what boat. Neat!
3. Be your own celebrity chef, or at least enjoy watching others, on Ifood TV. There are probably many similar sites, but what I like about this one is that their player shows the recipe if you just click on "info". Pretty cool. (And no, you won't find any videos of me there. At least not yet.)
4. Adagio tea now has a European site, and ships all over Europe. (Their American site is here.) I'm not a huge tea buff, but I enjoy a cup every now and then. Adagio kindly sent me some samples, and while I haven't gone through the very big box yet, I have to say that they're really high quality. The leaves are huge compared to what I'm used to, and they smell great. I've tried Jasmine Pearls so far, and that was great. Thumbs up!
5. Yesterday, I was invited to Christmas lunch. A little early, perhaps? One would think so. But it was neat - it was hosted by Norwegian liquor company Arcus at the Norwegian Embassy and we were treated to traditional Norwegian christmas food (which is not necessarily the same as in Sweden) and some newly released Aquavits to go with it. Dagmar took a lot of photos, so I hope some of them turn out.