Sunday, August 24, 2008

My sister's salad

evas-kalsallad

More desperately simple food. I'll post more proper recipes eventually, but bear with me while I tell you of these very quick things. I promise that they're good!

This salad is something my sister made when I visited her this summer. She served it as it was alongside grilled salmon, the next day with cooked quinoa and some fried up minced meat. Both days, it was incredible, and I couldn't wait to get home to make it myself. And it's so simple. One of those - why didn't I think of this myself?

So, what you need: cabbage, preferrably as fresh as possible, a handful of alfalfa sprouts, grated carrots (again, small, fresh ones), cubed melon, and if you happen to live somewhere where strawberries are in season, go ahead and add some. Finish with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.

And that's it. It's great with a creamy sauce on the side - simple, like yogurt and some chili paste, perhaps. Or just eat it the way it is.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

looks good to me and I like the fast and easy part

Anonymous said...

How unusual! I can't wait to try this. I have never seen such a combination..I would have never "thought" this up...