Sunday, February 17, 2008

Crayfish Avocado Toast

crawfishavocadotoast

I have a new love, like I said a few days ago. Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food book - it's pretty darn great. At least for inspiration. His version of this just had crayfish (crawfish), mayo, avocado and truffle oil, but since I don't have truffle oil (nor am I very keen on getting any) I added some smoky chili sauce, a finely chopped shallot, and some thick yogurt to make it creamy without adding more mayo. It was absolutely brilliant, we had it for dinner on toasted baguette.

Crayfish Avocado Toast
Serves 2 as a main dish, four as a starter

1 avocado
about 200 g of crayfish tails
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp thick yogurt (greek or turkish style)
a few drops of chipotle chili sauce or tabasco
1 finely chopped shalott

Dice the avocado, and mix with the crayfish tails, mayo, yogurt, chili and onion. Taste to see if you'd like any seasoning - I didn't add anything. Serve on toasted bread.

Recipe in Swedish:
Kräftstjärtsröra med avocado

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kul att boken är bra, vi gav den i julklapp till sambons bror "som inte lagar mat" och han verkar väldigt inspirererad av den faktiskt :)

Dagmar said...

Looks and sounds very yummy. I'll take a look at the book when I'm at the book store the next time. I only have one of his book, Sunday Brunch, but I havn't cooked anything from it yet. It just doesn't inspire me.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...another great looking use for avocado. I'll be trying this soon, and the chili version, rather than truffle oil.

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious - I love crayfish!

Anonymous said...

Crayfish .. ahh yum, there aren't many good recipes for this one out there, this one though sounds fantastic! Gordon's Fast Food is good you say? I want to buy that, now I am even more keen to do that:)

Amelia Ames said...

Oh Anne! This sounds so delicious, and I *love* crawfish! I've got to make it!

Jeanne said...

OMG that looks heavenly! You are slowly but surely persuading me to get Fast Food as everything you have said about it sounds so positive...