Saturday, January 19, 2008

Chicken Saffron Pies

kycklingpajer

Just a photo today: tiny pies with chicken and saffron. I made them for my mom's birthday party, and they went down well enough but it's probably not something I'd repeat. I was annoyed that there was very little space for filling - and as I don't really like pie pastry that much, this wasn't for me.

It's very basic - a wholewheat pastry dough, cooked chicken, eggs, milk and saffron whisked with a few snipped chives and some chilli, and poured over.

7 comments:

Coffee and Vanilla said...

Anne, those pies look very tempting :) They have beautiful colour, too.

Have a good day, Margot

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blog!! I love the look of some of your recipes, I too am a bit of a food nut, and I really look forward to reading your blog on a regular basis!

Nat x

Ketutar said...

Hej!
Jag märkte att du har "Kraft's Mac&Cheese" på din önskelista över saker man inte så lätt hittar i Sverige...
Det finns hos Gray's American Food Store. Dom har postorder nuförtida...
http://www.grays.se/

glamah16 said...

Id try this with a more flaky(non healthy) crust. I've been using whole wheat lately and its a taste you have to warm up to. But I love the ideas of these little pies for a party.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne, I was meaning to tell you...and since someone else brought it up...I've seen Kraft blue box in the Nacka ICA. Have a great weekend:-)

Amelia Ames said...

But Anne, they are very cute to look at. And, they do look delicous. How about a filo crust?

Anne said...

Glamah16 and Amy - you're totally right, with another crust they might be a lot better. :)

Ketutar & Martha - thanks! I do know that, and I should take it off the list. I do hate that it costs so much here though - but it works out for an occasional treat. :)

Ketutar - Gray's har faktiskt BARA postorder nuförtiden. De har stängt affärerna, vilket är himla trist.