Monday, December 10, 2007
Menu for Hope 4: Win a taste of Sweden!
It's christmas time, and you all know what that means! Yes, it's time for Menu for Hope, the charity event where food bloggers all over the world unite to make this world just a little bit better. How do we do this? Well, we do it together. And we do it a little step at a time. And with your help. (Yes, I mean YOU.)
To be exact: we are raising money for United Nations World Food programme. For every US$10, the donor receives a virtual raffle ticket toward a prize of their choice. The prizes come from food bloggers all over the world! This year, the money are specially earmarked for a school’s feeding program in Lesotho. Providing food for these children not only keeps them alive, but helps them stay in school so that they learn the skills to feed themselves in the future. If you want to read more about the Menu for Hope, go to this post at Chez Pim.
My prize then, is a little taste of Sweden. I call it "Very Swedish", and the prize code is EU34. (You need to put this into the comments box on the donation site, in order to be able to win my prize.)
You will get a large box, containing:
-the cookbook Very Swedish (contributed by Max Ström publishers). This is a really brilliant cookbook, with all the Swedish traditional recipes. It has beautiful photos as well, and it will really be an inspiration for you if you're at all interested in Swedish cuisine.
-Swedish crispbread from Wasabrod. You will get their traditional christmas-spiced crispbread, as well as at least one more kind.
-Swedish candy - I will send you a wide assortment of Swedish candy, including the intriguing salty licorice called "Jungle Howl", foamy Santa Clauses, Dumle-caramels and other things.
-A handmade heart-shaped potholder in red linen by Swedish designer Jenny Jurnelius.
-Swedish honey, flavored with wild strawberries.
-Swedish spice mixes from Swedish Traditions - now you can easily make your own gravlax, your own snaps, your own meatballs and more!
I will add some more things to the package as the donations go on - so check back soon! I will ship this anywhere in the world.
Donation and raffle ticket buying instructions:
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope at Chez Pim. Every $10 gives you a raffle ticket.
2. Go to the donation site at Firstgiving and make a donation.
3. Please specify which prize you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code. The prize code for my Swedish package is EU34. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for the prize UW01 and 3 for UW02 - please write “2xUW01, 3xUW02″ in the Personal Message section when confirming your donation.
4. For US donors: If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Important: Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Check back on Chez Pim on Wednesday, January 9 for the results of the raffle.
If you’re feeling a bit insecure, the regional host Fanny at Food Beam has a step by step instruction here.