Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Cod with Chèvre Sauce and Beetroot

torskryggkapris

This is more of a sketch than a recipe. I had something similar in a restaurant last year, and it was delicious! I tried to make it myself and while very very good, I still don't feel that it's as good as the one I had. So, no recipe today, but feel free to experiment!

Basically - wrap a nice piece of cod or other firm white-fleshed fish with a thin slice of dried ham of some sorts. (Parma ham, serrano, something local - even bacon will do.) Fry it, or bake it, until the ham is crispy and the fish cooked through.

Serve with wedges of roasted beetroot, boiled potatoes, large caper berries and a sauce made with chèvre, goat's cheese. The sauce is where I didn't really find a perfect solution. I wanted something light, yet creamy and flavorful, and preferrably foamy like a cappuccuino. This was a bit more soupy and a little too watery. In fact, I can't even remember exactly what I did - it just wasn't very good. So, next time, I'll try harder. In any case, it's a great flavor combination.

No comments: