Monday, July 09, 2007

Strawberry Vanilla Sorbet with Lime

jordgubbssorbet

Sorbets don't photograph very well, but wow, they're so tasty and refreshing! This one was a particular winner for us - we had some leftover strawberries that were a bit too ripe to eat, but they were wonderful like this.

This is an entry for "Hay Hay it's Donna Summer Day!" - an event that I haven't managed to play in before, but as the theme is sorbet; well, perfect then. I'm a little late though - but for many other sorbet recipes, check out Eat, Drink, Live as I'm sure the round-up from this event will be up soon, and it should be great!

Leaving for Dalarna today, so I won't be around to answer any e-mails - but I'll have posts magically appear here, so you won't really notice that I'm gone. Hopefully.

Strawberry Vanilla Sorbet with Lime

400 g fresh strawberries
140 g home made vanilla sugar (just stick some vanilla beans in a jar of sugar and let it stand - it will be wonderful after a few weeks. Just add more sugar as you use it.)
1-2 tsp Rose's Lime Cordial

Slice the berries and mix in a large bowl with the sugar. Let it stand for about an hour until all the sugar is dissolved - stir every now and then.

Mix with a handheld mixer or in a blender, and add the lime. Cool the mixture completely - preferrably overnight - and then churn it in an ice cream machine for about 15-20 minutes.

Recipe in Swedish:
Jordgubbssorbet med vanilj och lime

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne, your sorbet looks perfect :) so delicious... maybe i will do it soon, who knows... with my two left hands :)
all best for you :)

winedeb said...

Looks luciously lovely!

Brilynn said...

I like the addition of vanilla in here. You're right, sorbets are hard to photograph, but they sure are delicious.

Unknown said...

This is an awesome recipe since Strawberries are in season. I just love looking at your blog and trying out new recipes.

matt said...

me gusta mucho tu blog :)

kises , que tengas una buena vida

uttam kumar said...

Anne visit my blog https://www.wonderexpress.blogspot.com

Poonam said...

1st of all wish ur Father on my behalf.....My sis's b'day was on d same day...:-)....d lucky 07-07-07 day....nd d food is looking so delicious but helpless as cant eat online....:-)....kidding....take care :-)

Ivy said...

This looks so yummy. I love making sorbet too because it's quick and easy and so refreshing.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your father, my grandmother turns 70 on that day too!~
Anyway, cool hands you got there..you know, cooking all those stuffs..I wish I can cook better..Its a real way to win your husband's heart; through the stomache!~

Eva, Malaysia

Naruto Fan said...

your parents look happy

kellypea said...

You've got my vote for this sorbet. Oh my goodness. My tastebuds are going completely nuts right now.

Barbara said...

Welcome to Hay Hay Its Donna Day. A fabulous entry. Thanks for participating.

Unknown said...

I searched and searched but could not find a list of ingredients for Sorbet.It looks absolutely delicious and very desireable.please list the ingredients somewhere.Thanking you in advance,Daniel Nieliwocki at df44az@qwest.net

Anne said...

Daniel - they're right there, in the recipe?

Anonymous said...

The more I read recipes of ice cream and sorbet, the more I have strong craving of making my own flavor ice cream and sorbet. Have to put this under my 'must try' list. I've made lemon sugar before and it's really refreshing. Have to try vanilla sugar soon !