Sunday, April 01, 2007

Salad for lunch

mix-lunchsallad

I made this when I had my food blogger friend Kristina (of Clivia's Cuisine) over for lunch. It was really tasty, and I like the endless possibilities of something like this. Every bite tastes differently. This plate had steamed bulgur wheat, crispy bacon, diced emmenthaler cheese, diced green apple, alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes and avocado. To finish it, I served a super salad dressing! It took a while - so you might want to start it well in advance - but it's very much worth it. Yum!

Apple Dressing

500 ml (2 cups) apple cider
2-3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp finely chopped shallots or onions
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 tbsp poppy seeds
2-3 tbsp olive oil
salt, pepper

Start by reducing the apple cider. Preferrably the night before! Boil it until you have about 100 ml of liquid left - it will probably take at least an hour, depending on the size of your pan.

Let it cool completely, and chill for at least an hour. Then whisk in apple cider vinegar, mustard and shallots. Add the poppy seeds, and then the oil. Finally season with salt and pepper to taste.

Recipe in Swedish:
Äppeldressing

1 comment:

winedeb said...

Looks so yummy and healthy. I was on albioncooks blogspot yesterday and she had a similar posting and wants to get a group together to publish dishes similar to this. Check her out and check out my breakfast wine on my site today. Have fun!