Thursday, February 01, 2007

Big hickup



Blogger has been very weird today, and I've had big problems both accessing my blog and clicking on old links. It should all work now though, so let me know if something is still wrong!

I just came home from a delicious dinner with my parents. Before dinner, we had some rye crispbread with a super blue cheese, St. Agur. After that, we got chicken breasts with rice and a creamy curry sauce with chickpeas and braised leeks. Dessert was apple pie with vanilla sauce, and I drank a lovely red wine that's a new favorite, Raccolto Nero d'Avola Cabernet Sauvignon. Really very tasty. Another wine that I love is the one in the picture - an Amarone wine that we drank on Christmas eve. Stupid me didn't think to write up the exact name - but then again, I've loved all Amarone wines I've been fortunate enough to try.

Pene pointed out that I should tell you what country they're from - sorry! Both wines are Italian, and both are also very full-bodied, flavorsome wines.

Today, we had our first prospective cat buyer over. She fell in love with little Jupiter, who will move in with her and her two Labradors in about two months time.

And tomorrow, I'll be getting a new camera, a Nikon d80! Very exciting! So I know what I'll be doing this weekend...

6 comments:

Karin W. said...

Message from Blogger Status:

"Some users see the error code bX-vjhbsj when trying to view a blog. We have identified the source of this error and will push the fix to the site shortly.

In the meantime, hitting Refresh in the browser may workaround the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience".

Update 10:50AM(PST): The issue has been fixed. Unfortunately pushing out the new build involved a few minutes outage. We apologize for trouble.

Puh!!!

Jessica said...

Sounds like a lovely dinner!!

Do you ever suffer separation anxiety from the kittens?
I understand you can't keep them all but all the same...

Hope the dental stuff is over and done with now! :)

Anonymous said...

Anne, can you please write which country a wine comes from? It will make it easier for readers to look for them if they wish to try them.

Anne said...

Karin - exactly! :) And it sure took them long enough to get that up at the status page. :)

Jessika - it's easier than you'd think. Sure, it'd be hard if they were to move now, tiny little furrballs that they are, but when the time comes, it's actually quite welcome. They can be a real handful when they're a little bigger. And we're also very picky about homes, so it always feels good. Besides, the alternative would be to keep - and then never to have any more. It's easier with boys too, as I know I can not, as long as Hamlet is living, keep another male. That just would not work out.

The dentist stuff *is* over, thank goodness. It feels a lot better :)

Pene - sorry, both are Italian. I'll add that to the post.

Anonymous said...

Oh, a new camera!!! That sounds like fun!

Pille said...

Love those wine glasses - though I think I already told you that:)
And congrants on your new camera!!