Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Jessie's Pasta Salad



My cousin Jessie makes the absolutely best pasta salad I've ever tried. It's perfect for a portable lunch - excellent for a picnic! (And I realise there won't be that many picnics this time of year, but really, why not? Who says you have to be outdoors?) It's also perfect for when I go to cat shows. Cat shows last all day, and you can't leave until they close. And the food usually consists of sad little hot dogs and coffee, so you better bring your own. I bring this. And actually, on some occasions, I just bring my cousin Jessie and count on her to bring the salad.

Not very exact measurements - just play around with them to your liking

Jessie's Pasta Salad
serves 4-6

boiled pasta for 4-6 - try farfalle (butterflies) or fusili (spirals)
iceberg lettuce
1 leek - white part only
cucumber
red or yellow bellpepper
corn (optional)
good quality smoked ham

Dressing:
200 ml crème fraîche
2-3 tbsp mayonnaise
cayenne pepper
salt

Cut all the ingredients for the sallad into small dice. Mix with the pasta, and stir together the dressing. Just mix everything in a large bowl, and keep in a tight-lidded plastic box until you're ready to eat. Keeps very well in the fridge!

Recipe in Swedish:
Jessies pastasallad

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

That really does sound good. We don't eat pasta salad very often in the winter for some reason. It seems to be a summer dish for us! I'll definitely bookmark this one.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you really get me all hungry. I'll have to try this, just exchanging the ham since I'm vegetarian but it should be great anyway :)

Vandana kandpal said...

I liked the layout of your blog. Wanted to know how you got the drop-down menus for 'recepies' on blogspot. Apart from 'archive' can't fing any such drop-down menu option...can you help me with this?

vandana

Anne said...

Vandana, thank you! The drop-downs are sadly not a blogger option, but something you have to add manually to the template. It's not automatic at all, I have to add every recipe.. which is why I don't keep it completely updated, unfortunately.