Sunday, September 10, 2006

Omelet with Chorizo and Chèvre



I know - I do post a lot of recipes with chèvre - but it's so good! Here's a real quickie, taken from BBC Good Food which happens to be my fave foodie mag for now.

Omelet with Chorizo and Chèvre
serves 2

4 eggs
2 tbsp water
handful of chives, finely chopped
olive oil
1/2 chorizo sausage in thin slices
dried chili flakes
100 g chèvre cheese

Beat the eggs with the water and chives, add a little salt. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and fry the chorizo slices with chili until crunchy. Remove to a bowl, and crumble over the chèvre.

Return the pan to the heat, and tip in the eggs. Swirl around a bit around the edges, and cook until it starts to set. Then add the chorizo-chèvre mixture to half the omelette, and flip over the other half. Cook for another minute, until cheese starts to melt. Serve right away, preferrably with a tasty salad.

Omelett med chorizo och chèvre

5 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

Looks yummy.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, I will visit it again...

Anonymous said...

Good Food is definitely the best I know of too. How do you find the Swedish scene? I've recently got an Allt om mat and a Bättre mat. Really cannot judge from one copy.

Anne said...

Kalyn - it sure was! I wouldn't have thought chorizo and chèvre went that well together, but they do.

Charlotte - welcome! :)

Eszter - I'm actually not so very fond of most of the Swedish ones. Allt Om Mat is ok, but repetitive and I get bored with it easily. I buy a Swedish mag once in a while if I am absolutely drawn in by the cover but.. nothing I read regularly anymore. Except for Buffé, which I get for free from Ica. That's ok, but I wouldn't pay for it. :)

Meeta K. Wolff said...

This is the first dish I'll be making. I love goats cheese and combined with chorizio I am sure this tastes brilliant.