Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Cole Slaw

I realize that there must be a million ways to make cole slaw. My favorite is this - very simple, and very clean in flavors. And not completely drowning in creamy dressing - that is good, but.. not so good for you. (If you want a real decadent cole slaw in Stockholm, head over to Texas Longhorn - they have a great one.)

Anyway. Here's what I usually do: Mix 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar with 1/2 tbsp sugar, a little salt and pepper. Beat in 2-3 tbsp mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in 1/2 small head of cabbage (shredded), 1-2 shredded carrots and preferrably 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced. And sometimes I add half a green apple, too.

Cole Slaw


Tif said...

I ventured in from browsing through blogs...and I just had to come by and comment that this recipe sounds wonderfully delicious!

Thanks for sharing!

Meeta said...

Lovely. I hate coleslaw recipes that are overloaded with too many ingredients. Your's is just perfect. Simple and easy.

Nina said...

Hi Anne, please look at

thx, Nina

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence. Coleslaw is on my menu for tonight. I'm changing my plans to use your recipe which sounds just right. Tack!
Carol in Texas

Nina said...


Eszter said...

I'll definitely try your coleslaw, it is a great favourite of mine. Still ow you that Starbucks muffin recipe, haven't forgotten. Congrats on the election results.