Saturday, October 22, 2005

Weekend Cat Blogging #20



We got a new toy. In this picture, you can see me and Glinda modelling our latest cool purchase. This is a baby sling. Or a kitty sling, as we prefer to call it. The idea struck me some time ago - a baby carrier thingy might work perfectly for carrying cats. Right? Glinda loves to cuddle, and she loves being carried around. This is especially evident at cat shows - and who can blame her, sitting in a cage all day isn't a lot of fun. However, Glinda's getting pretty heavy. So, a sling.. I ordered this one from Ebay, and I heartily recommend the seller. You'll find her listings here.

We've only tried it out a little so far, but we LOVE it. Edith and Kelly enjoys rides in it too, while Ywette is a bit more sceptical. Hamlet is just too big, there's no way he's going to fit. But the rest... oh, not bad. I think I'll train all my future kittens to be sling-carried!

See more lovely cats at Clare Eats!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. So much fantastic-looking food! The sling for i.e. catshows seems to be a great idea!

Shelly said...

OMG that is TOOO CUTE! I'm afraid my cat would never go for that, she does not even like to be held but for just a min, then she's done! I noticed its a bit dark out your window, I bet the day light hours are getting less and less there. My cousin lived in Sweden for a few years and said it was very dark in the cold months. I have always wanted to travel to Sweden, but maybe in the summer :)

Anonymous said...

I just love your kitty sling!

Cat said...

lol thats the cutest kitty carrying contraption ive ever seen!

Nic said...

How cute! I love that carrier!

Pille said...

What a cute way to carry a cat indeed!

boo_licious said...

That is such a fantastic idea Anne. I love the way Glinda is peeking out from that colourful sling.

Charlotte said...

That is one mellow cat!

(What a great idea.)

Carbon said...

I have been enjoying your website for a long while now but never ever commented. But, the cat sling just did me in :) It's hilarious. Thanks for all the great recipes. Eating up your blog here in Canada :)