Sunday, October 23, 2005

An improvement on an already great snack



I've already written about the wonderful spicy caramel almonds, but yesterday it occurred to me that I had some pumpkin seeds begging to be used up, so I made a batch of Spicy Caramel Almonds & Pumpkin Seeds. Yum, yum, yum! The seeds popped from the hot oil and sugar, and puffed up.

Perfect for an evening of Eurovision - which we had last night. Every year, there's the Eurovision song contest. Yesterday was a big 50-year celebration where the best Eurovision song of all times was voted for. Winner? Why, ABBA, of course! Waterloo is indeed the greatest Eurovision song ever made!

3 comments:

Niki said...

Oh no! In 25 minutes I'm sitting down with my IMBB souffle to watch that 50 year celebation, and now I know who won! (ah well - doesn't surprise me at all!) I'm just looking forward to the costumes and dance moves; remember what a HUGE Eurovision fan I am? :-)

Anne said...

AAARHGH! Oh my goodness Niki, I'm so sorry! I hope you enjoy the show anyway - there was a lot of really fun medleys!

Lisa said...

Oh! I just got inspired to make a soufflé with arctic raspberries!
Tomorrow!!!!