Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Does My Blog Look Good in This? I guess so!

Andrew just posted the results of the monthly photo competition - Does My Blog Look Good in This? #8. And I'm so thrilled - I placed second! Out of 56! Aaaah! I'm so happy! That's just amazing. Although - I do love the picture. A lot. So much that I'm letting you all see it again:



You can find the full results here. There are some seriously gorgeous pictures - I am really impressed by everyone. All the entries are here. Some of my own faves: #49, #45, #36 and #1. All look totally cookbook-worthy though - I seen a lot worse in books and magazines all the time.

A word on food photography, and what it means to me.. actually, the photos is one of the reasons I enjoy having a blog. I've been interested in photography since I was 15 and got to do a work experience week in a photo lab. An intern taught me how to develop film, and taught me a lot of neat tricks with an old regular camera. It was amazing. A whole new world opened - or that's what it felt like. I kept it up a lot during high school, always snapping pics of people. Nowadays, I've gone digital. I have an Olympus C-8080 WZ, and since about a month I also use a separate flash. (Olympus FL-36.) I've also got a tiny Olympus Mju Mini, perfect for my purse!

5 comments:

Lena said...

Wow, jättegrattis! De hallonen ser ju så smaskiga ut att jag förstår att juryn föll för dem.

tytty said...

congrats!

Pille said...

Congrats, Anne! This is a beautiful photo and the 2nd place is very well deserved!
I had some lovely Scottish raspberries for breakfast today (alongside with a latte and chocolate croissant at my neighbourhood deli). I was having the breakfast with a Japanese friend of mine, and was telling to her about this Swedish blogger who did this cool thing with raspberries and tea-infused chocolate. Coincidence, eh:)

Farmgirl Susan said...

Congratulations! Gorgeous! Unique! And absolutely yummilicious!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That photo is fantastic! :-)