Saturday, August 06, 2005

Marmalade Pork



Always looking for ways to spice up the regular pork chops. This was a fairly nice variation, coming from a little book called BBQ Food by Murdoch Books. I quite like this series - my mom has one called Cool Food that's also very nice.

Now, for the recipe. I didn't have any white port, so I just used white wine, and added a dash of brown sugar. That was fine, but I used a quite bitter marmalade - and that showed. Next time, I'll use something sweeter.

Marmalade Pork
Serves 2

2 pork chops, butterflied
65 cl white wine (or white port if you've got it)
1 tbsp of brown sugar, if you're not using port
50 g orange marmalade
1/2 tbsp oil
1/2 tbsp grated ginger

Mix wine, marmalade, sugar, oil and ginger. Marinate the chops in this for at least three hours. Take out the chops, and pat them dry. Fry - or barbecue - the meat until done to your liking. Meanwhile, let the marinade simmer and reduce until it has thickened enough to be poured over as a sauce.

We had this with rice, sugar peas and a lovely pineapple salsa.

2 comments:

Farmgirl Susan said...

That sounds really tasty! And I just love your new raspberries at the top of the page. Gorgeous! Everyone is adding neat photos up there--I really must figure out how to do that and catch up!

Anne said...

Farmgirl - it's not that difficult. I'll be happy to help you if you want to - but bascically you just make a picture with the proportions you want, with or without text, and link to it. You'll have to do some more code tinkering, but not much! :)