Sunday, August 14, 2005

A huge bar of chocolate

A couple of weeks ago, we went to Gröna Lund. Gröna Lund, or Grönan as it's generally called, is an amusement park on Djurgården in Stockholm. It's been a summer tradition for as long as I can remember - I don't go absolutely every year, but most years. Great fun! I love the rollercoaster - but Per gets sick from most other rides so we usually don't ride a lot of things. However, there's also tons of tombola wheels and lotteries.

And I won.

Glinda, showing the proportions.

Behold the chocolate bar of doom. Look at how HUGE that is! Two kilos! Of lovely Schweizernöt - Swiss Nut, god knows who thought of that name, but it's a delicious creamy milk chocolate studded with toasted hazelnut pieces.

Ok, it's not really just one bar - it's twenty small bars. But it's still a truckload of chocolate. Not very good for baking (I tried making a chocolate mousse using my trusty recipe, but it didn't set well and came out almost chewy! Eww!) so I'll just have to eat it all.


Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Danielle said...

My favorite chocolate. I am jealous! ... in a good way really.


Moira said...

You're not kidding that's a lot of chocolate! I'd like to feel bad for you that you have to eat it all straight, instead of cooking with it, but I just can't muster it up. ;-) I'm quite jealous, too.

sofia said...

Oh, I would not have any problems eating all of that! In fact, I envy you! :) It's my favorite chocolate too!

Anonymous said...

I just saw someone using chocolate candy bars wrapped in flour tortillas with coconut and marshmallows and whatever else sounds good sorry, I've forgotten), then wrapped in foil and heated on a BBQ. Could be fun to experiment with and should work in the oven, too. Love your blog.