Saturday, March 12, 2005

Saturday Night Quesadillas



I discovered quesadillas a while ago, and haven't been able to stop eating them since. My recipe comes from Jamie Oliver's Jamie's Dinners - a book that I know I've been promoting like crazy, but it truly has some great recipes.

My quesadillas has cheese, chili, chopped red onion, grilled chicken and koriander inside them. (And it's as easy as that - mix cheese, chili, koriander and onions. Put on a tortilla. Add shredded chicken. Top with another tortilla. Fry in a dry pan.) What's not to love? I then dip them into my lovely guacamole, and sweet love happens. We're having it again tonight, while watching the Swedish finals of the Eurovision Song Contest. When I was a kid, there was just one Swedish installment of the Eurovision, but nowadays, they have four different competitions held in different cities - a little tour - and the top two from each heat go to the final. Which is tonight. I bet most of Sweden will be watching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love quesadillas too and make them often. A great use for leftovers. Today I made one with low carb tortillas. I just spread some pasta sauce, sprinkled some chile powder, and put on some Pepper Jack cheese, put it on the stovetop grill. The cheese got all melted. Yum.

I topped it with some sour cream and YUMMY - ate it all up! Hot, spicy, delish.

Quick.

Usually I put some chopped chile, or some chopped chicken, something like that but we're having chicken for dinner. Didn't want poultry 2x in a day!

Yours looks good too. Good enough to eat.